Slip and Trip Accidents in Public Places
In public places, accidents may occur in the space of a second and for no reason at all. However, it is the land owner’s or council’s responsibility to prevent these slip and trip accidents from happening.
The impact of a slip and trip accident could result in an absence from work, ongoing medical treatment and the need for extra care. At Ashwood Solicitors, we can assist you when making a claim as a result of a slip or trip accident in a public place.
Our team fully understand that an injury claim is not about the money, getting your life back on track and receiving the best rehabilitation so it no longer impacts you.
Common causes of slip and trip accidents
There may be a lot of factors that can cause an accident in a public place; there are often people responsible for making sure this doesnt happen. Many situations can lead to slip and trip hazards; some of these include:
- Spilt drinks
- Falling downstairs because of defective handrails or uneven surfaces
- Falling from a raised height, such as a ramp or walkway.
- Snow, ice or rainwater tracked in from outside.
- Pooled water from leaking ceilings or poorly maintained air conditioning units
- Newly mopped, polished or shined floors
- Dropped food items
- Wires and other things snaking along the floor
If left alone, the above instances can create a hazard for members of the public.
At Ashwood Solicitors, we specialise in various legal matters, which has earned us an excellent reputation across the country. We can assist wherever you are based, including meeting via video link and we also have offices in Manchester and Blackburn.