Types of Accidents in Public Places
At Ashwood Solicitors, we’ve given advice and support to thousands of clients who are entitled to compensation following accidents, including:
- Accidents in supermarkets, shops, shopping centres, cinemas etc
- Sports injuries, including football, accidents in the gym and horse riding injuries
- Tripping on a dangerous step in a bar, restaurant, nightclub
- Slipping on a wet floor.
- Falling on spilt drinks in bars, restaurants and nightclubs
- Dog bites
- Objects falling from shelves onto customers in supermarkets and shops
- Being knocked by a shop worker pushing a roll cage or stacking shelves
- Children’s accidents and school injuries
- Accidents in areas owned or managed by local councils
By claiming for your accident in a public place, you could secure compensation to help with rehabilitation and support for your recovery. Accidents often take place on roads and public footpaths; these claims are made against the local authority; you can also claim for accidents that have taken in supermarkets and other public places such as museums, car parks etc. If you have been in an accident in a public place and you don’t believe you’re at fault, then get in touch with Ashwood Solicitors as soon as possible.
Have you been injured in a public place?
We know how shocking an accident in a public place can be and the last thing you expect is to be injured when walking down the street, in a shop or while on holiday.
An accident in a public area can seriously impact your everyday life, your
work-life, and your finances. At Ashwood Solicitors, our legal team have years of experience with general accident claims and we work with you to establish how and why the accident happened.
There is a time limit of three years from the date of your accident to make a claim; we would recommend getting specialist legal advice soon after. This often makes it easier to get evidence to support your claim, but we can help you gather evidence in the forms of witness statements, photos and CCTV footage.