Visit Visa Criteria.
Generally, visitors in all categories will need to show:
The purpose of their visit to the UK and that this is for a permitted purpose. For example, you could come to visit a new born baby of a relative but not to provide childcare or to attend an interview for a job but not to undertake paid work.
Within the criteria, you might have to answer the following questions:
- How will the visitor be maintained?
- For example, can you show the funds for your flights?
- Do you have accommodation available?
- Can you afford the costs of your visit overall?
- Why will you return home?
It is helpful to demonstrate the strong links you have back home and why you will return, e.g. family, jobs, running a business etc. Visit visas can be issued for anywhere between six months and ten years. This is something you should think about in advance. If you need more advice, please contact our expert team at Ashwood Solicitors.