What do you need to know about a Sponsorship Licence?
A sponsor license involves your businesses informing the Home Office of significant changes within your business and updating them in advance when an employee stops working.
A business of any size can get a sponsor licence; you have to justify your position and ensure you have the right procedures in place. If you need assistance with this process, Ashwood Solicitors, immigration experts, can provide professional, confidential advice and speak a range of languages, including Bengali, Urdu, Polish, Punjabi, Tamil, Malay, Kurdish and Arabic.
Successful Criteria Needed for a Sponsorship Licence
For a UK business or educational institution to be considered for a sponsor licence, you must be able to prove the following:
- Your business or institution is legitimate and operates lawfully
- You have conducted a resident labour market test and failed to recruit from the resident market
- There are proper systems available to monitor sponsored employees or students
- You are offering genuine employment with an appropriate salary or further teaching
- You do not have a history of rejected sponsorship applications
With immigration law frequently changing, it becomes increasingly difficult to understand all the requirements and comply with the policy guidance issued by the Home Office. This can often cause frustration for companies and businesses operating in the UK; with the laws, this has meant that they are unable to meet strict requirements. In turn, this has had a negative impact on profitability and the services that businesses offer when they hire foreign employees.
At Ashwood Solicitors, our Immigration Solicitors have vast experience in dealing with immigration matters when understanding the importance of corporations securing employment opportunities.
Why Choose Us?
Using our depth and expertise, we have helped clients with a wide range of legal matters. The Ashwood Solicitors team works with private clients as well as businesses to explore the best strategy that is specifically tailored to their requirements rather than offering a one-size-fits-all approach.
Our approach is to be proactive and work with you and other advisers to achieve your objectives and deliver successful outcomes as efficiently and swiftly as possible. We can clearly explain the legal issues and provide you with expert advice that is tailored to your specific circumstances.
At Ashwood Solicitors, we can provide bespoke legal and compliance advice to ensure your company and business remain compliant when applying for a Sponsorship Licence for your Business.
Common mistakes when applying for a Sponsorship Licence
According to statistics, 20% of sponsor licence applications are denied for the most common reasons, including:
- failing to provide the correct documentation within five days of submitting the licence application;
- not meeting the requirements, including the ‘genuineness test’ for the role you are recruiting for;
- failing to have sufficient systems in place to fulfil sponsor specific duties;
- key staff members not being prepared on an audit visit by the Home Office
It’s vital to ensure that you apply for the correct type of licence and submit all the relevant supporting documentation. If you need help with this, our team at Ashwood Solicitors can assist you with all the documentation and necessary preparation it will take in order to comply with regulations.
Out of 980 reviews