Once you are on a route to settlement, you will (in most cases) need to extend this before being able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Whether you are a partner, a worker or an entrepreneur, it is important to know what evidence you will need to extend your leave. For example, partners will need to show a higher level of English language ability than their earlier applications and entrepreneurs will need to show they have created additional jobs in the UK.

Taking legal advice early means you can be sure that you are taking the right steps and collating the correct evidence to ensure your future.

For Indefinite Leave to Remain, there are higher levels of criminality checks and you will also need to pass a Life in the UK test confirming that you have a sufficient knowledge of British history and society.

Once you hold Indefinite Leave to remain, you can reside in the UK permanently as long as you do not:

  • Commit a serious criminal offence
  • Leave the UK for more than 2 years at a time

For specialist advice on this area of immigration law and how it applies to your individual circumstances, please contact us today on 0161 248 4444 to speak to a member of our team.

Our immigration experts provide professional, confidential advice and speak a range of languages including Persian, Farsi, Urdu, Punjabi, Kurdish, Arabic, and Polish.