If you have been granted refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK, it is possible that the family members you were separated from in seeking protection can join you here. Please note that if you have since naturalised as British, this cannot be done.

The family members eligible for reunion are:

  • Your children under 18
  • Your spouse
  • Your civil partner
  • Your partner with whom you have cohabited for at least 2 years

You will need to demonstrate to an Entry Clearance Officer that you are related to these people, preferably using marriage or birth certificates. In extreme circumstances, DNA evidence may be required and we can assist in arranging tests overseas.

It is possible, in limited circumstances, to argue that children over 18 should be allowed to enter following separation on a discretionary basis. We can work alongside you to obtain the best evidence possible to put forward your case.

For specialist advice on this area of immigration law and how it applies to your individual circumstances, please contact us today on 0161 248 4444 to speak to a member of our team.

Our immigration experts provide professional, confidential advice and speak a range of languages including Persian, Farsi, Urdu, Punjabi, Kurdish, Arabic, and Polish.